Aquatic plants for water reservoirs and mineral-plant zones
Producer & Wholesaler of aquatic plants
It would be difficult to imagine a large decorative pond, or an ecological swimming pond, without aquatic plants. Aquatic plants have a huge influence on the appearance of a body of water. Plants are responsible for giving bathing ponds and other ponds a specific character, as well as ideally integrating any water reservoir into the surrounding space. The decorative and design role of aquatic plants is undeniable, but they also play a much more important role. Plants help to maintain the biological balance in water reservoirs, and as a result – maintain the water’s ability to purify itself. Plant species specifically selected for each retention reservoir, decorative pond, or other pond:
- contribute to maintaining the correct water parameter levels,
- are responsible for the appearance of water (crystalline, clear),
- reduce the development of algae and cyanobacteria,
- eliminate dangerous bacteria of the genus Salmonella or Escherichia Coli,
- remove toxic compounds, nitrates, heavy metals, phenols, and cyanides from the water,
- protect the shores of the water reservoir,
- create optimal conditions for the development of fauna.
Thanks to technologically advanced water filtration methods used in some types of natural eco-pools, it is possible to completely eliminate aquatic plants. However, in ecological bathing ponds, the wetland still plays an important role in the water purification process, and are the main foundation of the regeneration zone.